You will be driving key initiatives within the Yapily product portfolio, working with the Head of Product and collaborating with Sales, Engineering, financial institutions, Regulators and our clients.
You will be responsible for ensuring that our approach to product development and launch is well managed and covers all aspects of the product, from design, feasibility, delivery and client adoption.
The Product Owner ensures that features and functionality defined on the roadmap accurately reflect customer and market requirements. Also responsible for supporting the business case creation for new products and for increasing the profitability of existing products. Working collaboratively with the Product and Engineering leadership team, the Product Owner builds product initiatives from existing ideas and helps develop new ideas based on industry experience and work in the market.
- Responsible for managing the planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle – from strategic planning to tactical activities. This includes gathering and prioritizing the market, product and customer requirements, communicating the product vision, and working closely with Development/Engineering, Sales & Marketing and Business Development to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are surpassed.
- Support development by defining features and user stories that break down the requirements into end-to-end functionality
- Outline workflows and customer journeys required to guide engineering
- Support the Project Manager to maintain a visible product roadmap and project schedule
- Own and drive the business plan for the solution, working with key stakeholders to ensure the most effective decisions are reached regarding the lifecycle of the solution offering.
- Manage the ongoing roadmap for specific products and work closely with Development to ensure that the solution(s) developed fulfil the needs of the customers in a timely manner.
- Working closely with the Yapily customers to ensure that their requirements are appropriately captured, prioritised and considered alongside product planning across the Yapily product portfolio.
- Support the go to market execution with team members to ensure sales, marketing, service and operations are ready across all markets.
- Conduct technical research of both new features and competitor analysis along with business intelligence in support of the product roadmap.
- Support the sales and client management teams with product and solution presentations and client visits, both in the UK and abroad.
- Support the Marketing & Sales teams with product and solution collateral to position the appropriate solution and support sales process.
- With Product leadership, act as product champion for Sales, communicating the value proposition of the products to the Sales team and working with them to define and develop the necessary tools that support the selling of your product
- Promote the product line and business in general through select online media channels. (Slack, LinkedIn, Medium, etc.)
You will have solid, demonstrable experience and understanding of product management in general and possess a practical experience in software development delivery and ideally those specifically related to APIs. Your background will also clearly demonstrate significant knowledge in enterprise software management and maintenance, preferably in a Product Management or a Product Marketing role.
You will have
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of Product Management experienced within a technology vendor ideally within the financial services or API industry.
- An ability to clearly define the Product Owner, Product Manager and Product Marketing roles and understand the cross over between these roles in an agile software development environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Commercial acumen: a proven track record of understanding business value, with a key sensitivity to understanding sales and marketing challenges and building collateral to positively manage such challenges with the objective of strengthening business and making product / solution sales
- Attitude: proactive and focused. Driven on delivering client solutions with the end user success always in mind while ensuring that sales and product revenue are optimised.
- Results oriented: structured and highly organized, in a fast paced and dynamic environment you will already have a strategy for ‘getting things done’ and able to driving results without supervision.
- Experience of operating within a B2B role
- Experience of working directly with clients and supporting POC initiatives to enable successful conversion to satisfied and paying customers.
- Bsc/BA 2:1 or higher Degree
- Experience working with Fintech’s as clients or working for a Fintech firm
- Additional European Languages are beneficial
Good to have
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under challenging conditions and work as a team player
- Ability to work under strict deadlines in a legal environment and the ability to interact with all levels of staff and attorneys necessary
- We are a rapidly growing, hardworking and dynamic team. We welcome new colleagues who identify with our core principles: Be humble, creative, ambitious, thoughtful, a leader, dream big and embrace simplicity.Looking to further your career on an international level with a rapidly growing vendor, you will be empowered to make a positive impact quickly. You are available for business travel and appreciate the benefits of face to face client interaction, acting as an evangelist for Yapily and then as the client advocate in internal discussions.
Yapily is here to power a new era of financial services so that everyone can receive faster, affordable and personalised financial products.
Yapily uses an open API, powering applications behind the scenes, to seamlessly connect and securely access financial information. We enable companies to access financial information to enrich the customer experience in Banking, Lending, Payments, Accounting and Money Management.
Yapily raised more than $18m funding and this is an incredibly exciting time to join the business as our international presence is rapidly increasing.
We are looking for a Product Owner to proactively own and drive key products within our growing portfolio. We are looking for an experience Product Owner who is looking to further their career and skills in the financial technology space. The successful candidate will have strong product management / ownership skills and possess demonstrable experience in delivering comparable products at a vendor for both small and enterprise clients.