We're a young company and we're growing fast. We have offices in London, Vilnius, and we have over 95 talented individuals joining us from their homes and coworking spaces from around the world. We're wonderfully diverse, with 27 nationalities - and counting! We continue to expand our global reach as we build the best infrastructure for our customers.
We attract people who are excited to work in a nascent and disruptive industry that will change the way we interact with financial services, forever. We're building the infrastructure to power the global economy.
We are looking for people who don't always know the answers but can use their skill and judgement to work beautifully within the team to create better solutions for our customers. So whichever discipline you choose, whether that's Engineering, Product, Commercial or Operations, we hire people who want to make a difference and can roll up their sleeves to get the job done from many different backgrounds.
What We're Looking For
We are currently looking for a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) in Lithuania to join our team to manage day-to-day operation of the compliance and MLRO function, including KYC, transaction screening and monitoring, reporting, etc. Yapily thrives on collaborative success, where customer focus and delivery is at the heart of everything we do.
- Bachelor's or above degree in Law, Business Administration, Finance or related fields.
- Fluent in English and able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- A minimum of 3+ years' relevant working experience as compliance/financial crime prevention officer in a Lithuanian financial services institution. Working knowledge of the FinTech industry and/or open banking services is an advantage.
- Understand and have continuing knowledge of all local and EU AML requirements. A good understanding of the UK AML Framework will be advantageous.
- Experience communicating with regulators and assisting with regulatory enquiries.
- Efficient and well organised.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail and good interpersonal skills.
- Team player with a good analytical mindset and strong problem-solving skills.
- Manage day-to-day operation of the compliance and MLRO function (incl. KYC, transaction screening and monitoring, record-keeping, oversight of overall implementation and adherence to the AML policies of the Company).
- Ensure that all activity and transactions that are identified as potentially suspicious are investigated, resolved and, if necessary, reported to the Financial Intelligence Unit.
- Be the first point of contact for AML compliance issues and queries and provide advice and support to first-line/operations teams.
- Assist Chief Compliance Officer in developing, implementing and maintaining AML policies of the Company to ensure its consistency with all applicable local laws and regulations and that the AML program is updated, as required, in light of changes to local laws and regulations.
- Work closely with the Chief Compliance Officer and the team to continuously assess product, compliance, and operational risks, adequacy and effectiveness of internal systems of control and develop risk management strategies for the organisation.
If you think you might be a good fit for us, but you don't have all the experience listed here, please do apply, we are open to considering candidates with diverse skills and experience.
- Competitive salary in a rapidly growing start up (€3,000- €3,200 gross)
- Generous level of stock options
- Company learning budget for seminars, courses, books, etc.
- Flexible working options (open to discussions on work location, flexible and part time hours)
- Contribution to remote desk setup
- Diverse high performing team environment
Yapily is here to power a new era of financial services so that everyone can receive faster, affordable and personalised financial products.
We connect to thousands of banks using a secure open API enabling innovative companies to embed the power of open banking into their products. We provide infrastructure for industry leaders including American Express, Intuit Quickbooks, Vivid, Moneyfarm and BUX. Yapily has raised more than $69m funding and this is an incredibly exciting time to join the business as our international presence continues to scale rapidly.