The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
About The Role
We are looking for a Corporate Legal Counsel to join our growing Corporate legal team at Revolut. This role will be based in Vilnius, will work with the global Corporate legal team on various global Corporate legal matters (i.e. not necessarily Lithuanian law governed) and will report into the Lead Corporate Counsel in Revolut’s London headquarters.
Take a look at our RevInsider video about our Legal team: https://youtu.be/5LhG1KdnEl4
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise internal stakeholders and negotiate with external counterparts on a variety of global corporate matters.
- Corporate advisory: advise internal stakeholders (and negotiate with external counterparts where relevant) on fundraising, secondary sales, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and intra-group agreements.
- Debt advisory: advise internal stakeholders and negotiate with external counterparts on external debt financing and structuring.
- Oversee junior members of the team who will assist in executing the above.
- Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you'll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times.
- 1-6 years working experience at a top law firm
- Strong corporate and M&A experience
- Strong skills in drafting legal documents (corporate documents, internal procedures)
- Solid stakeholder management and engagement skills
- Be responsible and result-oriented
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- Hold a current practicing certificate
- Excellent English language skills (written and oral)
NICE TO HAVE
- English law experience (but not essential)
- Experience working with other fast paced financial companies
- Demonstrable interest in and enthusiasm for fintech outside of employment history
Salary - 55,000 to 75,000 EUR gross yearly (hiring at multiple levels)
- Competitive salary
- Biannual equity bonuses
- Medical insurance
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.